General Business Terms & Conditions.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by The Dance Shop. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to The Dance Shop.
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted all these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to our website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time and cancel any order without notice or given reason.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. We do not share customers info to any third parties.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing. We do use manufacturer pictures and descriptions.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock. We may, however, send an alternative brand of the same quality, style, colour and size at the same price if available to us at the time or place that item on back order, to be sent at a different date. Notifications of any of these will be noted in the delivery package.
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched. An automated email will be sent when the order is dispatched to the delivery address given.
15. Postage paid cannot be altered after paying or refunded or upgraded before dispatch. Please make sure you have selected the correct service before paying.
16. If a discount code was intended to be used, but forgotten to enter at check out, we cannot alter after payment has been made. Please check before paying. You can go back at anytime prior to paying and alter your order. If a discount code was used and the order altered in anyway to get a better deal/transaction the order will be cancelled and refunded within 1-5 working days.
17. Any Deals/Offers of any kind are subject to change without notice and maybe subject to stock availability. Free items are automatically added to your basket at check out. Do not add them yourself as you will be charged for the Free item.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
18. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
19. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
20. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
21. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times). Click & Collect orders are usually available for collection in 24 hours from purchase on a week day being Monday to Friday.
22. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday. Click and collect option is for collection from our high street store in Hull only within 14 days (2 weeks), if not collected within that time scale the items will be returned to stock for resale and may not be available for future collection or purchase.
22a. Back Orders & Special Orders. Please see item Return Policy on each listing as terms do vary dependant on supply etc.
23. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items.
23a Special Ordered items or Back Orders cannot be cancelled after purchase.
24. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
25. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item (such as food, newspapers, event tickets or e-vouchers) you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
26. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
27. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
28. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
30. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
31. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.
REFUNDS & RETURNS
32. Items MUST be returned to us within 10 days of receipt at the original delivery address unless purchased by Click & Collect as different rules apply Click Here. (Also see section 36. for holiday terms on returns).Items to be returned must be posted at the latest on the 10th day from receipt date. All items are sent tracked and signed for to the address given for this purpose. All returns must be sent back in the same original new condition and packaging, if not charges/deductions may apply at our discretion, any items returned after the 10 days without prior consent by us, will not be refunded. They will not be resent, but put aside. We use the date stamped on the parcel returned as proof of date sent back. Back Orders or Special Orders may not be returned - see each listing for Return Terms.
33. Refunds of payments can take up to 5-10 working days to reach the account of where the original payment was made from. This is dependant on how the original payment was made and is out of our control. Refunds are made by the same method of the original purchase payment.
34. Any Free items or deals not applicable after the return may have the value of those items/deals deducted if not returned in part or whole of the original order.
35. Certain items cannot be returned. These are usually stated in the product category or item description. For Example all items in the 50% off section if purchased the customer is agreeing to the terms of a no return policy of these items. These items are exempt from the usual return rights for online purchases by contract which is agreed by the purchaser upon purchase. The reason for this policy is because reductions are very high and sometimes below cost price to clear them from stock. Do not purchase if you do not agree. This Term only applies to the items not returnable on the original purchase order, any items not subject to this term can be returned as usual as state in section 32,.
36. We extend our returns policy to an additional 4 weeks over the Christmas period. (Basically this means anything not exempt from return purchased in December can be returned in the period stated). This extension starts on the 1st December to 31st December. Items purchased in December MUST be received back to our premises by or on the 14th January if a refund or exchange is required. Any returns arriving on or after 15th January will not be exchanged or refunded.
SPECIAL ORDERS SECTION
37. On our website the category named "Special Order Items" are mainly not held in actual physical in our retail store. These items come direct from our supplier until such time as choose to hold actual stock. If in stock with our suppliers we will receive these with 14 working days or earlier. This is not a guaranteed service and may take longer. These items still need to be paid in the same way and a delivery method chosen. The purchaser will receive an email confirming the order made, this is not notification of dispatch. A dispatch email will be sent to the customer upon receipt in our store from supplier when either ready to collect, if click and collect is used, or when dispatched from our store by the method originally chosen at the time of purchase. Delivery method cannot be upgraded. The order can be cancelled at anytime via a call or email to our store using the original email purchase number. A full refund will be given in the usual way and may take up to 10 days to reach the customers original method of payment. An email will be sent when the refund is processed prior to the 10 days period.
38. We strive to make sure that all stock shown is available and in current stock. (not in SPECIAL ITEMS CATEGORY), However, as we also sell in our retail high street store and because of human error, we cannot 100% guarantee available stock. in the event of a stock error the purchaser will be contacted with options. Options can be any of the following - 1. Cancel the whole order. 2. Cancel part of the order. 3. Offer an alternative item. 4. Wait until the item is available before dispatch. 5. Send the rest of the order and forward at a later date the missing item, 6. Refund the cost of the missing item/s. Refunds may be subject to a delay defendant on original payment type up to 10 days.