1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by The Dance Shop, Hull.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. Pointe Shoes, Tights, Underwear, Socks etc) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods, even if still in unopened packs (like underwear, including tights), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a hired item or a gift card or gift wrapping service.
4a. Why no return on Pointe shoes you may ask? Pointe Shoes are a specialised fit and should only be ordered Online if size and model used is known, and that is why they are not a refundable purchase on our website. If you have never worn Pointe Shoes do not order them online as 99% guaranteed they will NOT fit. First fit and following fits before feet stop growing should always be fitted by an expert fully trained fitter. We currently have over 10 Styles with up to 6 widths on each, so it is virtually impossible to find your size by guessing.
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 10 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made, Unless stated exempt as in section 4. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us. Unless the goods are deemed by us as faulty, then we may consider a replacement or a full refund, including costs to the customer of return postage only.
5a. All Sale items and Hire items both in store and online cannot be returned for a refund, unless found to be faulty by us. Returning as faulty our company will make the final decision and the purchaser returns these items at their own risk. Our company decision is final.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund or credit note of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 10 working days. This does not apply to purchases that are known to be returned at a later date --- for example purchasing 2 pairs of 2 sizes to bring back 1 size for fitting at home, we will charge a 10% restock fee or credit note for the full original purchase price, for this service as we do have changing and trying on facilities in our high street shop.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. Usually 5-10 working days after accepting the return for refund..
10. If you haven't received a refund after 10 working days where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.
13. Postage paid cannot be altered after paying or refunded or upgraded before dispatch. Please make sure you have selected the correct service before paying.
14. If a discount code was intended to be used, but forgotten to enter at check out, we cannot alter after payment has been made. Please check before paying. You can go back at anytime prior to paying and alter your order. If a discount code was used and the order altered in anyway to get a better deal/transaction the order will be cancelled and refunded within 5-10 working days.
15. Any Deals/Offers of any kind are subject to change without notice and maybe subject to stock availability. Free items are automatically added to your basket at check out. Do not add them yourself as you will be charged for the Free item.
16. If there were any offers on the original order and free items/gifts etc must be returned, otherwise we will make a surcharge for the value of the item or service not returned. ie if you receive a free bag for a purchase over £20 and do not return the bag we will deduct the value of the bag from the refund. Same with free postage, if items returned bring the original order below the value of free delivery a charge will be deducted for postage from the refund. For example - if you order 2 pairs of shoes at £60 each = £120 you qualify for free postage as over £100 spend, if you return 1 pair you will receive a refund of £60 minus the minimum postage fee of £4.20 as the order no longer qualifies for free postage, so actual refund will be £60 minus £4.20 = £55.80.