Our Frequently Asked Questions Page (FAQ)
- What are your retail shop opening hours? ANSWER - Currently our hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm & Saturdays 10am to 4.30pm. Tuesdays are Late opening until 6pm.
- Why are you not open earlier? ANSWER - We find that most customers can't get to us earlier than 10am as they are employed or taking children to school or for some other reason, but we do open for special appointments if needed out of normal hours.
- Are you Open on Bank Holidays? ANSWER - No currently we close on Bank Holiday Mondays, If a Bank Holiday falls on a Friday we close the whole weekend including Saturday.
- Is the shop Open all year round? ANSWER - Most of the year we are open except for UK Holidays, 2 weeks during Christmas/New year and 1 week around end of July beginning of August.
- Does the website Open all year? ANSWER - Yes , BUT It is Closed for dispatch during the Holidays mentioned in question 4. So you can still order and pay but items will not be sent or collected until our return.
- Are you part of a big business? ANSWER - No, we are a single retail shop called THE DANCE SHOP based in Hull, Yorkshire. Run and owned by Kim and Carl since 2018 with over 50 years retail experience between us. Any other similar name stores are not us. our shop website is www.hulldanceshop.co.uk our selling website is www.hulldancewear.com.
- Do you attend events? ANSWER - Yes we do where we can. If you would like us to attend you School or Event give us a call, We do not charge for this service. We can do a pop up shop anywhere within reason with full card and cash payments just like in our retail shop. We can also sell direct from our van if your event does not have internal space.
- Are all your items stocked in your retail shop on your website? ANSWER - No, Most are but we do have some items in our retail store that are not online, So its worth a call to us if you cant find what your looking for.
- Where do you get your stock from? ANSWER - Our stock comes direct from the Brand Manufactures, we don't usually buy from second party sellers if we can avoid it.
- On some items your not the cheapest, why? ANSWER - We are the cheapest in quality, we try to avoid cheap imported items that don't last 5 minutes. We have a reputation for selling good quality dance items that last.
- Are your items UK sized? ANSWER - Yes, all items are converted to UK sizes by us, not via suppliers size guides, unless we state otherwise. However, it is not 100% guaranteed, as some like a big fit and some like a tight fit in the dance trade.
- Do you allow returns & give refunds? ANSWER - Yes, both in store and online with Time & Item limitations. Please see our Terms and Conditions page as Regulations differ from in store to online sales. We abide by all UK selling regulations both online and in our shop and offer more than regulated too.
- Are the offers on your website the same as in your shop? ANSWER - Not all offers on our website are in our high street shop.
- Are your Prices the same on your website as in the shop? ANSWER - Yes mainly, unless on a deal or offer.
- If I use Click & Collect, how long before I can collect my order? ANSWER - Usually we try to process ALL orders within 24 hours of payment, you will receive an email confirming when you can collect or when dispatched.
- When days do you dispatch items? ANSWER - We dispatch over 5 days being Monday to Friday, if the order is received by 12 noon that day, if after 12 it may not get dispatched until the following day.
- Is your website secure and what payment types do you accept? ANSWER - Our website is as totally secure as it can be, that's why our domains starts with https the "s" standing for secure. We accept most card payments including American Express & Paypal.
- Do I have to register with you to make an order? ANSWER - No, you can order as a guest but you will still have to put the same info in on each order placed. Registering just saves you time when placing future orders with us.
- Do you Share any of our information? ANSWER - No, It is illegal for us to share or sell on your information.
- Is there a minimum order limit on the website? ANSWER - Yes, but only £5 before vat and delivery, like in our shop. This to cover our transaction charges.
- Are all items shown in actual stock? ANSWER - Yes, unless stated SPECIAL ORDER, but even some of those we now have limited sizes in stock. Of course there is the factor of human error on stock if we sell it in store and run out before updating our website, this very rarely happens.
- Do you stock and fit Pointe Shoes? - ANSWER - Yes, we hold a vast stock of Pointe shoes in brands of Bloch, Freed, Capezio and R-Class.
- Can I just come in for a fitting of shoes? ANSWER - No & Yes, No for Pointe shoes, you have to book an appointment via our appointment link on our website, however if we can squeeze you in we will try, Yes for all other shoes.
- Why do I have to book for Pointe shoes? ANSWER - Four main reasons, 1. They have to be professionally fitted by us and that can take from a 1/2 hour to 1 hour. 2. To make sure there is space in our schedule of that day to do the fitting. 3. To also make sure we have a fitter in store to do it for you on the day. 4 Also to avoid our busier periods.
- If I order a Pointe shoe online can I return it? ANSWER - No, It is a specialised fit and ONLY order if you know your Brand, Model, Size & Width.
- Are you on Social Media? ANSWER - Yes, Facebook & Instagram only. Just search THE DANCE SHOP Hull to find us.
- Do you supply schools at discount? ANSWER - Yes, but you have to register an account, we do not discount normal purchases.
- Do you supply wholesale? ANSWER - No. We are a retailer and at present do not make enough goods ourselves to warrant selling wholesale.
- Are your prices competitive? ANSWER - Hopefully YES, we work on minimal mark up and retail at same or better prices than our suppliers websites. We can be up to 50% cheaper than local competitors retail prices for the same items.
- Do you price match? ANSWER - We always try to beat prices on same brand if within 50 miles of our high street store.
Please Message us any questions, we do reply very quickly.
If you would like a question added here just ask.
YOU CAN ALSO CHAT WITH US ONLINE DURING OUR SHOP OPENING HOURS VIA OUR CHAT LIVE LINK ON THE HOME PAGE. FACEBOOK MESSAGES we answer as soon as we can.